company for antibiotics Industries (ACAI) is a joint Arab
company established in Iraq under Law No.69/1982 as a
company emanating from the Arab Company for Drug Industries
(ACDIMA) Which was established by the decision of Arab
Economic Unity Council issued on 4-6-1975 to highlight the
importance of the production of Antibiotics in the Arab
world and due to the good feasibility of the project
and the availability of expertise and manpower and
encouraging consumption rates of such lifesaving drugs in
the Arab countries.
The factory began production late 1997 and consists of three
production departments to produce sterile injectables and
dry suspension and capsules of Betalactam Antibiotics.
The plant was constructed according to the highest
international standards for pharmaceutical Industries and
the designs were approved by FDA experts.
The company succeeded in getting the ISO 9001 Certificate in
* The company is currently producing Antibiotics according
to GMP standards.
administered by a Board of comprised of representatives of
the contributors to the company:
1. Arab company for drug industries and medical appliances (ACDIMA)-
2. Pension fund of retired workers-Iraq
3. State company for drug industry and its instrument -Iraq
4. Arab investment company -Saudi Arabia
5. Arab company for pharmaceutical manufacturing - Jordan
6. Pharmacists pension fund -Iraq
7. Arab center for pharmaceutical and chemical
8. Pharmacists Syndicate -Iraq
9. Physicians Syndicate -Iraq